The Evaluation and Tuning department (ET) at IMS Nanofabrication is looking to fill an Expat position in East Asia as a Tuning and Monitoring Engineer. In this position you will grow as an operational generalist tasked with tuning and diagnostic operation of IMS’ multibeam mask writers at various customer sites in East Asia. Successful candidates will be willing to engage in: long term planning to avoid interruptions of service, technical debugging of complex electro-mechanical systems embedded in top of the line proprietary manufacturing processes, as well as fast and accurate support for unexpected issues that arise. You will join a varied and dynamic team that values result and open communication. From mechanical, electrical, software to process difficulties you have the opportunity to tackle complex questions on a daily basis interacting with experts across the company. You will grow into the expert needed to help our customers in East Asia to keep our tools in production.
- After a training period of 3-12 months, fill a min. 2 years Expat position in East Asia.
- Act as an operational generalist and build a complete and broad understanding of multibeam mask writers
- Data analysis and tool status evaluation
- Operation, calibration and optimization of electron multibeam mask writers
- Implementation and documentation of experiments at the tool for debugging cases
- Periodically visit all East Asia fabs to exchange knowledge with and train other on-sites on new items
- Work independently to correlate trends across the fleet of deployed tools
- On-call service for troubleshooting during normal working hours (not 24/7)
- A Bachelor’s Degree (or equivalent) in: Physics, Electrical Engineering, Process Engineering or a related field
- Experience in using MS Office / LibreOffice / OpenOffice and Unix (Linux)
- Deliberate and organized work style with a "hands on" mentality
- Very good spoken and written English
- Python and Tex (LaTex) experience is preferred
- Willingness to be deployed to East Asia for >2 years after a training period (training will require travel up to 50%)
- Responsibility and the opportunity to perform independent tasks in a dynamic company in an intercultural environment
- A young and motivated team with short communication channels
- Excellent professional and personal development opportunities
- Annual gross salary: from EUR 42.000, open to negotiation depending on professional qualifications and experience. In addition, an attractive package (including accommodation, insurance etc.) will be provided for the Expat period.